My soul had other plans. Reminding myself to bring back into my daily practice of being present, that I need to be tender with myself. We are imperfect beings, growing and changing everyday and a little tenderness is like water, cleanses, nourishes, and allows for the clarity to set in.
-A valuable reminder. Aleksandra Zee, woodworker, shopowner, and self-described ‘one-woman show’
- We finally have a healthy house here after a week of lots of coughs and boogers. I impulse bought these at CVS earlier this week and probably will never be going back to regular tissues.
- Spent Tuesday night watching Obama’s farewell speech and feeling all the feels (sad, inspired, helpless, enraged, proud, etc.). I sure am sad to see this family go.
- Yesterday was a *big* day in terms of news (i.e. Rex Tillerson’s Secretary of State Nomination Hearing, Ivanka’s Dad’s first press conference in months). I was particularly moved by testimony that was part of Jeff Sessions ‘ Attorney General hearing, both from Amita Swadhin, a sexual assault survivor and also New Jersey Senator Cory Booker.
- Anthro’s spring arrivals like this and this are making me v happy, and wishing for some warmer weather (and more hours of daylight).
- Women’s March on Washington is in just over a week! Have you registered to go yet?