- i initially heard about fakespot on buzzfeed and put it to use while searching for a bamboo pillow on amazon. it scans reviews of a product, and assesses the reviewers of that products based on reviews they’ve made of other products (a mouthful). before fakespot, i would purchase items on amazon solely on products with over 100 [good] reviews. but i found out that a lot of amazon reviews are bullshit! (i ended up purchasing this pillow, then subsequently falling in love with.)
- did you hear that frosé — frozen rosé wine with berries — is taking over the world? have you had it? did it change your life? my goal is to find some this weekend.
will this dress look white in photos? i’ve been thinking about wearing it to a friend’s wedding in boston this weekend.
- i just started watching anthony bourdain’s ‘part’s unknown.’ it’s a similar format format as his previous shows in that it mixes food, culture and history. i would still highly recommend checking it out. as a sidenote: anyone else weirdly attracted to mr. bourdain? ❤
watchingweeping through obama’s speech last night, it’s even more clear why it’s so important we all promise to do this.
- i’m not a huge animated movie person, but we saw ‘the secret life of pets’ and it was hysterical. the movies are a great way to beat the heat, and kevin hart as ‘snowball’ in the movie will surely make you ugly-laugh.
- this guy is one of the most entertaining and substantive voices on twitter during this political season so far.
- i’m current reading maestra by l.s. hilton and all i’m going to say is that it has all the great components of a great beach read (i.e. thrills, sex, incoherent nonsense, travel, etc.)
photo via sandra juto